Troponin I antibody | 22B11
Mouse anti Human Troponin I (Cardiac/Dephosphorylated)
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Troponin I
|Mouse anti Human Troponin I (Cardiac/Dephosphorylated) antibody, clone 22B11 recognizes the dephosphorylated form of human cardiac Troponin I (cTnI). Troponin I is a 24kDa subunit of Troponin, a protein found on muscle tissue responsible for muscle contraction. When calcium binds to Troponin C, a conformational change moves Troponin I and tropomyosin out of the way of the myosin binding sites on the actin filaments in muscles. This allows cross-bridging to occur and the muscle to contract. Levels of cTnI in serum are commonly used as a marker for cardiac cell damage and death.
Phosphorylation of cTnI results in changes in the activity and function of Troponin. One possible form of phosphorylation is by Protein kinase A. Protein kinase A phosphorylation of serine 22 and serine 23 reduces calcium sensitivity of Troponin and leads to an acceleration in relaxation. Changes in cTnI phosphorylation have been reported in failing hearts.
Mouse anti Human Troponin I (Cardiac/Dephosphorylated) antibody, clone 22B11 recognizes the dephosphorylated form of cTnI. It specifically recognizes amino acid residues 20-24 on cTnI. The antibody will recognize free dephosphorylated cTnI or dephosphorylated cTnI in complex with other troponin components. MCA2779 does not cross react with phosphorylated cTnI or with skeletal TnI.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Pig Weak
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Dephosphorylated form of human cardiac Troponin I.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 mouse myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001570 vasculogenesis
- GO:0001980 regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure by ischemic conditions
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005861 troponin complex
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0019855 calcium channel inhibitor activity
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0030049 muscle filament sliding
- GO:0030172 troponin C binding
- GO:0031014 troponin T binding
- GO:0032780 negative regulation of ATPase activity
- GO:0048306 calcium-dependent protein binding
- GO:0055010 ventricular cardiac muscle tissue morphogenesis
- GO:0060048 cardiac muscle contraction
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up