Mouse anti TRF1
TRF1 antibody recognizes telomeric repeat-binding factor 1, also known as NIMA-interacting protein 2, TTAGGG repeat-binding factor 1 or telomeric protein Pin2/TRF1. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Additionally, in conjunction with POT1 and TTAGGG repeat binding factor 2 (TRF2), TRF1 recruits factors to the telomere, inducing the formation of the protective t-loop. TRF1 along with TRF2, POT1, TIN2, TPP1 and Rap1 form the shelterin complex which distinguishes telomeres from sites of DNA damage (Wellinger 2009). TRF1 is thought to play a role in leukaemia (Shi et al. 2006).
Mouse anti Human TRF1 antibody recognizes human TRF1 as a single band of ~60 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti TRF1 antibody detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant TRF1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P54274 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TERF1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000781 chromosome, telomeric region
- GO:0000783 nuclear telomere cap complex
- GO:0001309 age-dependent telomere shortening
- GO:0003691 double-stranded telomeric DNA binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005819 spindle
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0042162 telomeric DNA binding
- GO:0007004 telomere maintenance via telomerase
- GO:0007067 mitosis
- GO:0007094 mitotic cell cycle spindle assembly checkpoint
- GO:0008017 microtubule binding
- GO:0008301 DNA bending activity
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0008656 caspase activator activity
- GO:0010521 telomerase inhibitor activity
- GO:0010834 telomere maintenance via telomere shortening
- GO:0031116 positive regulation of microtubule polymerization
- GO:0032211 negative regulation of telomere maintenance via telomerase
- GO:0032214 negative regulation of telomere maintenance via semi-conservative replication
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0045931 positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051301 cell division
- GO:0051974 negative regulation of telomerase activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of TRF1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.