The TF gene encodes a glycoprotein with an approximate molecular weight of 76.5 kDa. It is thought to have been created as a result of an ancient gene duplication event that led to generation of homologous C and N-terminal domains each of which binds one ion of ferric iron. The function of this protein is to transport iron from the intestine, reticuloendothelial system, and liver parenchymal cells to all proliferating cells in the body. This protein may also have a physiologic role as granulocyte/pollen-binding protein (GPBP) involved in the removal of certain organic matter and allergens from serum (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009).
Mouse anti Human transferrin antibody detects a band of 83 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti transferrin detects a band of approximately 83 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Transferrin purified from human plasma
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005769 early endosome
- GO:0005770 late endosome
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0030139 endocytic vesicle
- GO:0005905 coated pit
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0008199 ferric iron binding
- GO:0009925 basal plasma membrane
- GO:0010008 endosome membrane
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0033572 transferrin transport
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0055037 recycling endosome
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Transferrin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra