The scaffold protein encoded by TRAF5 is a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor (TRAF) protein family and contains a meprin and TRAF homology (MATH) domain, a RING-type zinc finger, and two TRAF-type zinc fingers. TRAF proteins are associated with, and mediate signal transduction from members of the TNF receptor superfamily. This protein is one of the components of a multiple protein complex which binds to tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor cytoplasmic domains and mediates TNF-induced activation. Alternate transcriptional splice variants have been characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human TRAF5 antibody detects a band of 64 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti TRAF5 detects a band of approximately 64 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein of partial human TRAF5 (amino acid 42-236)
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0035631 CD40 receptor complex
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of TRAF5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|