The scaffold protein encoded by TRAF5 is a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor (TRAF) protein family and contains a meprin and TRAF homology (MATH) domain, a RING-type zinc finger, and two TRAF-type zinc fingers. TRAF proteins are associated with, and mediate signal transduction from members of the TNF receptor superfamily. This protein is one of the components of a multiple protein complex which binds to tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor cytoplasmic domains and mediates TNF-induced activation. Alternate transcriptional splice variants have been characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human TRAF5 antibody detects a band of 64 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti TRAF5 detects a band of approximately 64 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein of partial human TRAF5 (amino acid 42-236)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- O00463 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TRAF5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0009898 internal side of plasma membrane
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0035631 CD40 receptor complex
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of TRAF5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.