TMS1 antibody | OTI1A2
The TMS1 (PYCARD) gene encodes TMS1, an adaptor protein that is composed of two protein-protein interaction domains: a N-terminal PYRIN-PAAD-DAPIN domain (PYD) and a C-terminal caspase-recruitment domain (CARD). The PYD and CARD domains are members of the six-helix bundle death domain-fold superfamily that mediates assembly of large signaling complexes in the inflammatory and apoptotic signaling pathways via the activation of caspase. In normal cells, this protein is localized to the cytoplasm; however, in cells undergoing apoptosis, it forms ball-like aggregates near the nuclear periphery. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for PYCARD (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human TMS1 antibody detects a band of 22 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti TMS1 detects a band of approximately 22 kDa in THP-1 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human TMS1 protein produced in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9ULZ3 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PYCARD Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0008385 IkappaB kinase complex
- GO:0008656 caspase activator activity
- GO:0032090 Pyrin domain binding
- GO:0033209 tumor necrosis factor-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0050718 positive regulation of interleukin-1 beta secretion
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of TMS1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.