TIMP-2 antibody | D08-1D4
|Mouse anti Human TIMP-2, clone D08-1D4, recognizes the human tissue matrix metalloprotease inhibitor (TIMP)-2, a 220 amino acid ~22kDa member of the TIMP family.
TIMP-2 is a inhibitor of matrix metalloproteases but can also interact with MT1-MMP to enable the cell-surface activation of pro-MMP-2 (Lambert et al. 2004 and Baker et al. 2002). TIMP-2 selectively inhibits the growth of endothelial cells through an MMP-independent mechanism (Murphy et al. 1993 and Moses et al. 1990).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 27-220 of human TIMP-2
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Baker, A.H. et al. (1998) Divergent effects of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1, -2, or -3 overexpression on rat vascular smooth muscle cell invasion, proliferation, and death in vitro. TIMP-3 promotes apoptosis.
J Clin Invest. 101 (6): 1478-87.
Moses, M.A. et al. (1990) Identification of an inhibitor of neovascularization from cartilage.
Science. 248 (4961): 1408-10.
Murphy, A.N. et al. (1993) Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 inhibits bFGF-induced human microvascular endothelial cell proliferation.
J Cell Physiol. 157 (2): 351-8.
Lambert, E. et al. (2004) TIMPs as multifacial proteins.
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 49 (3): 187-98.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up