TIMP-1 antibody | T2
TIMP-1 is expressed by a wide range of cells including microvascular endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, mesangial cells and some fibroblasts. TIMP-1 inhibits matrix metalloproteinase activity by forming complexes via reversible non covalent binding. It is reported to be involved in the control of angiogenesis and tumour growth. Mouse anti Human TIMP-1 antibody, clone T2 has been shown to inhibit biological activity (Koike et al. 2002).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human TIMP-1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01033 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TIMP1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0008191 metalloendopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- GO:0051045 negative regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
- For research purposes only
Applications of TIMP-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for TIMP-1 antibody
Koike, T. et al. (2002) MT1-MMP, but not secreted MMPs, influences the migration of human microvascular endothelial cells in 3-dimensional collagen gels.
J Cell Biochem. 86: 748-58