TIMP-1 antibody | T2
|Mouse anti Human TIMP-1 antibody, clone T2 recognizes human Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1, also known as TIMP-1, Erythroid-potentiating activity, Fibroblast collagenase inhibitor or Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1. TIMP-1 is a 207 amino acid ~28 kDa secreted metalloproteinase inhibitor. reacting with both the reduced and non-reduced forms of TIMP-1 (UniProt: P101033).
TIMP-1 is expressed by a wide range of cells including microvascular endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, mesangial cells and some fibroblasts. TIMP-1 inhibits matrix metalloproteinase activity by forming complexes via reversible non covalent binding. It is reported to be involved in the control of angiogenesis and tumour growth. Mouse anti Human TIMP-1 antibody, clone T2 has been shown to inhibit biological activity (Koike et al. 2002).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human TIMP-1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for TIMP-1 antibody
Koike, T. et al. (2002) MT1-MMP, but not secreted MMPs, influences the migration of human microvascular endothelial cells in 3-dimensional collagen gels.
J Cell Biochem. 86: 748-58
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0008191 metalloendopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0051045 negative regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up