Thioredoxin 1 antibody
The protein encoded by TXN gene acts as a homodimer and is involved in many redox reactions. The encoded protein is active in the reversible S-nitrosylation of cysteines in certain proteins, which is part of the response to intracellular nitric oxide. This protein is found in the cytoplasm. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for TXN (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011).
Mouse anti Human thioredoxin 1 antibody detects a band of 12 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti thioredoxin 1 detects a band of approximately 12 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli-derived recombinant human thioredoxin 1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P10599 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TXN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0022900 electron transport chain
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0006810 transport
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0009314 response to radiation
- GO:0015949 nucleobase, nucleoside and nucleotide interconversion
- GO:0033158 regulation of protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0043388 positive regulation of DNA binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Thioredoxin 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.