TATA-BOX-BINDING Protein antibody
Initiation of transcription by RNA polymerase II requires the activities of more than 70 polypeptides. The protein that coordinates these activities is transcription factor IID (TFIID), which binds to the core promoter to position the polymerase properly, serves as the scaffold for assembly of the remainder of the transcription complex, and acts as a channel for regulatory signals. TFIID is composed of the TATA-binding protein (TBP) and a group of evolutionarily conserved proteins known as TBP-associated factors or TAFs. TAFs may participate in basal transcription, serve as coactivators, function in promoter recognition or modify general transcription factors (GTFs) to facilitate complex assembly and transcription initiation. TBP gene encodes TBP, the TATA-binding protein. A distinctive feature of TBP is a long string of glutamines in the N-terminus. This region of the protein modulates the DNA binding activity of the C terminus, and modulation of DNA binding affects the rate of transcription complex formation and initiation of transcription. The number of CAG repeats encoding the polyglutamine tract is usually 32-39, and expansion of the number of repeats increases the length of the polyglutamine string and is associated with spinocerebellar ataxia 17, a neurodegenerative disorder classified as a polyglutamine disease. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for TBP (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2010)
Mouse anti Human TATA-box-binding protein antibody detects a band of 40 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti TATA-box-binding protein detects a band of approximately 40 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified His-tagged TATA-box-binding protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P20226 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TBP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005669 transcription factor TFIID complex
- GO:0005672 transcription factor TFIIA complex
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0006367 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006368 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006383 transcription from RNA polymerase III promoter
- GO:0008219 cell death
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0016251 general RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0032568 general transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0070491 repressing transcription factor binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of TATA-BOX-BINDING Protein antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.