Synaptophysin encodes an integral membrane protein of small synaptic vesicles in brain and endocrine cells. Synaptophysin also binds cholesterol and is thought to direct targeting of vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 (synaptobrevin) to intracellular compartments. Mutations in synaptophysin are associated with X-linked mental retardation (XLMR) (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Mouse anti Human synaptophysin antibody detects a band of approximately 37 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using brain lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti synaptophysin detects a band of approximately 37 kDa in mouse brain lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgM - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by gel filtration from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Crude human synaptic immunoprecipitate
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P08247 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SYP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0005215 transporter activity
- GO:0015485 cholesterol binding
- GO:0016188 synaptic vesicle maturation
- GO:0019717 synaptosome
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030285 integral to synaptic vesicle membrane
- GO:0048169 regulation of long-term neuronal synaptic plasticity
- GO:0048172 regulation of short-term neuronal synaptic plasticity
- GO:0048499 synaptic vesicle membrane organization
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Synaptophysin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.