Superoxide Dismutase (MN) antibody | 2A1
Mouse anti superoxidase dismutase (Mn), clone 2A1, recognizes superoxide dismutase 2 (Mn) also known as superoxide dismutase 2 (SOD2). SOD2 is an anti oxidant enzyme involved in the body's defense against reactive oxygen species. Superoxide dismutases destroy damaging free radicals that are produced within cells and are toxic to biological systems.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.03% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant human protein purified from E.coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- P04179 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SOD2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001315 age-dependent response to reactive oxygen species
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0003069 vasodilation by acetylcholine involved in regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure
- GO:0004784 superoxide dismutase activity
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0019430 removal of superoxide radicals
- GO:0030145 manganese ion binding
- GO:0032364 oxygen homeostasis
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0051289 protein homotetramerization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Superoxide Dismutase (MN) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||1 ug/ml|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti superoxide dismutase (Mn) recognizes a band of approximately 23 kDa in HeLa and HepG2 cell lysates and mouse and rat brain tissue lysates
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)