Mouse anti SUMO-1
SUMO-1 antibody recognizes small ubiquitin-related modifier 1, also known as GAP modifying protein 1, SMT3 homolog 3, SMT3 suppressor of mif two 3 homolog 1, sentrin, ubiquitin-homology domain protein PIC1, or ubiquitin-like protein SMT3C.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the SUMO1 gene, SUMO-1 is a member of the SUMO (small ubiquitin-like modifier) protein family. It functions in a manner similar to ubiquitin in that it is bound to target proteins as part of a post-translational modification system. However, unlike ubiquitin which targets proteins for degradation, this protein is involved in a variety of cellular processes, such as nuclear transport, transcriptional regulation, apoptosis, and protein stability. It is not active until the last four amino acids of the carboxy-terminus have been cleaved off. Several pseudogenes have been reported for SUMO1. Alternate transcriptional splice variants encoding different isoforms have been characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human SUMO-1 antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SUMO-1 detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant GST-SUMO-1 fusion protein
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P63165 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SUMO1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005643 nuclear pore
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0016607 nuclear speck
- GO:0016925 protein sumoylation
- GO:0031334 positive regulation of protein complex assembly
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0031965 nuclear membrane
- GO:0032436 positive regulation of proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0032880 regulation of protein localization
- GO:0043433 negative regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060334 regulation of interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SUMO-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.
Online Payment Methods:
- Invoice / Purchase Order
- Credit Card (Maestro, VISA,MasterCard & VISA Electron)
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster