Encoded by the SUMO1 gene, SUMO-1 is a member of the SUMO (small ubiquitin-like modifier) protein family. It functions in a manner similar to ubiquitin in that it is bound to target proteins as part of a post-translational modification system. However, unlike ubiquitin which targets proteins for degradation, this protein is involved in a variety of cellular processes, such as nuclear transport, transcriptional regulation, apoptosis, and protein stability. It is not active until the last four amino acids of the carboxy-terminus have been cleaved off. Several pseudogenes have been reported for SUMO1. Alternate transcriptional splice variants encoding different isoforms have been characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human SUMO-1 antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SUMO-1 detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant GST-SUMO-1 fusion protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005643 nuclear pore
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0016607 nuclear speck
- GO:0016925 protein sumoylation
- GO:0031334 positive regulation of protein complex assembly
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0031965 nuclear membrane
- GO:0032436 positive regulation of proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0032880 regulation of protein localization
- GO:0043433 negative regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060334 regulation of interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SUMO-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster