STIM1 antibody | 5A2
Filter by Application:IF P WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human STIM1 antibody, clone 5A2 recognizes human Stromal interaction molecule 1, also known as STIM1. STIM1 is a 663 amino acid ~80 kDa single pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein involved in replenishment of depleted intracellular Ca2+.
Mutations in the STIM1 gene can lead to development of Immunodeficiency 10 (IMD10) characterized by recurrent infections and impaired T-cell responses (Fuchs et al. 2012) or of Myopathy, tubular aggregate, 1 (TAM1), a rare developmental myopathy with regular arrays of membrane tubules on muscle (Böhm et al. 2013).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 24-686 of human STIM1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||0.1||10 ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
References for STIM1 antibody
Varga-Szabo, D. et al. (2008) The calcium sensor STIM1 is an essential mediator of arterial thrombosis and ischemic brain infarction.
J Exp Med. 205: 1583-91.
- Stromal Interaction Molecule 1
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005513 detection of calcium ion
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0006816 calcium ion transport
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030176 integral to endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0032237 activation of store-operated calcium channel activity
- GO:0051010 microtubule plus-end binding
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up