Encoded by the STAT5B gene, signal transducer and activator of transcription 5B is a member of the STAT family of transcription factors. In response to cytokines and growth factors, STAT family members are phosphorylated by the receptor associated kinases, and then form homo- or heterodimers that translocate to the cell nucleus where they act as transcription activators. This protein mediates the signal transduction triggered by various cell ligands, such as IL2, IL4, CSF1, and different growth hormones. It has been shown to be involved in diverse biological processes, such as TCR signaling, apoptosis, adult mammary gland development, and sexual dimorphism of liver gene expression. STAT5B was found to fuse to retinoic acid receptor-alpha (RARA) gene in a small subset of acute promyelocytic leukemias (APLL). The dysregulation of the signaling pathways mediated by this protein may be the cause of the APLL (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human STAT5B antibody detects a band of 90 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti STAT5B detects a band of approximately 90 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human STAT5B expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000255 allantoin metabolic process
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006101 citrate metabolic process
- GO:0006103 2-oxoglutarate metabolic process
- GO:0006105 succinate metabolic process
- GO:0006107 oxaloacetate metabolic process
- GO:0006549 isoleucine metabolic process
- GO:0006573 valine metabolic process
- GO:0006600 creatine metabolic process
- GO:0006631 fatty acid metabolic process
- GO:0019530 taurine metabolic process
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0035259 glucocorticoid receptor binding
- GO:0046449 creatinine metabolic process
- GO:0060397 JAK-STAT cascade involved in growth hormone signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of STAT5B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|