Encoded by STAT3 gene, signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 is a member of the STAT protein family. In response to cytokines and growth factors, STAT family members are phosphorylated by the receptor associated kinases, and then form homo- or heterodimers that translocate to the cell nucleus where they act as transcription activators. This protein is activated through phosphorylation in response to various cytokines and growth factors including IFNs, EGF, IL5, IL6, HGF, LIF and BMP2. This protein mediates the expression of a variety of genes in response to cell stimuli, and thus plays a key role in many cellular processes such as cell growth and apoptosis. The small GTPase Rac1 has been shown to bind and regulate the activity of this protein. PIAS3 protein is a specific inhibitor of this protein. Three alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human STAT3 antibody detects a band of 84 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti STAT3 detects a band of approximately 84 kDa in LNCaP cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human STAT3 expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0001659 temperature homeostasis
- GO:0001754 eye photoreceptor cell differentiation
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0006606 protein import into nucleus
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0019953 sexual reproduction
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0042755 eating behavior
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0046983 protein dimerization activity
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0060397 JAK-STAT cascade involved in growth hormone signaling pathway
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of STAT3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra