SPI1 antibody | 2G1
Mouse anti Human SPI1 antibody, clone 2G1 recognizes human Transcription factor PU.1, also known as SPI1 or 31 kDa-transforming protein. SPI1 is a 270 amino acid ~30 kDa DNA binding protein. Two isoforms of SPI1 generated by alternative splicing have been described, with isoform 2 differing from isoform 1 by a single amino acid insertion at position 16 (UniProt : P17947). Mouse anti Human SPI1 antibody, clone 2G1 binds to the canonical isoform 1 but binding to isoform 2 has not been evaluated.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 1 - 121 of human SPI1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P17947 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SPI1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0045646 regulation of erythrocyte differentiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of SPI1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||0.1||10 ug/ml|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)