Spectrin Beta antibody
Mouse anti Spectrin Beta
Mouse anti-human spectrin beta antibody recognizes spectrin beta chain, non-erythrocytic 1, also known as beta-G spectrin, beta-II spectrin, embryonic liver beta-fodrin, epididymis luminal protein 102 or fodrin beta chain.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Spectrin is an actin crosslinking and molecular scaffold protein that links the plasma membrane to the actin cytoskeleton, and functions in the determination of cell shape, arrangement of transmembrane proteins, and organization of organelles. It is composed of two antiparallel dimers of alpha- and beta- subunits. SPTBN1 is one member of a family of beta-spectrin genes. The encoded protein contains an N-terminal actin-binding domain, and 17 spectrin repeats which are involved in dimer formation. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for SPTBN1 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human spectrin beta antibody detects a band of 275 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti spectrin beta detects a band of approximately 275 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli derived recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 2089-2364 of human spectrin beta
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q01082 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SPTBN1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0005516 calmodulin binding
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008091 spectrin
- GO:0031430 M band
- GO:0051693 actin filament capping
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Spectrin Beta antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.