Encoded by the SP1 gene, transcription factor Sp1 is a zinc finger transcription factor that binds to GC-rich motifs of many promoters. The encoded protein is involved in many cellular processes, including cell differentiation, cell growth, apoptosis, immune responses, response to DNA damage, and chromatin remodeling. Post-translational modifications such as phosphorylation, acetylation, glycosylation, and proteolytic processing significantly affect the activity of this protein, which can be an activator or a repressor. Three transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for SP1 (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011).
Mouse anti Human Sp1 antibody detects a band of 90 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti Sp1 detects a band of approximately 90 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombination human Sp1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003702 RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0043923 positive regulation by host of viral transcription
- GO:0045817 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter, global
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Sp1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|