Somatostatin Receptor 1 antibody | sstr1
Somatostatin (SST) is a peptide hormone with wide ranging inhibitory effects on hormone secretion and cell proliferation. It is produced as a large preproSST precursor molecule that is cleaved to yield one of two active forms of the peptide: a 14 amino acid peptide (SST-14), or a 28 amino acid peptide (SST-28). The inhibitory effects of SST on hormone release and cell growth have made them candidates for the treatment of cancer and neuroendocrine disorders. Natural SSTs have very short half-lives, which led to the development of more stable synthetic derivatives, such as octreotide and lanreotide, both in common clinical use.
The effects of SST are mediated via five distinct SST receptors (SSTRs). The receptors have similar affinities for natural SST-14 and SST-28, but there are marked differences in affinities towards the synthetic analogues. Somatostatin receptors are expressed by various tissues, notably neuronal, endocrine, gastrointestinal and immune cells, as well as certain tumours, with tumours often expressing more than one subtype in different combinations.
Clone sstr1 specifically recognises SSTR type 1, but none of the other SSTR subtypes. Bio-Rad also has antibodies to other somatostatin receptors available
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide, sequence CKSRAYSVEDFQPENLE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004994 somatostatin receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0007187 G-protein signaling, coupled to cyclic nucleotide second messenger
- GO:0007584 response to nutrient
- GO:0007586 digestion
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Somatostatin Receptor 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/100||1/250|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human pancreas
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Somatostatin Receptor 1 antibody
Schmid, H.A. et al. (2012) Monoclonal antibodies against the human somatostatin receptor subtypes 1-5: development and immunohistochemical application in neuroendocrine tumors.
Neuroendocrinology. 95 (3): 232-47.
Ozkaya, H.M. et al. (2018) Germline mutations of aryl hydrocarbon receptor-interacting protein (AIP) gene and somatostatin receptor 1-5 and AIP immunostaining in patients with sporadic acromegaly with poor versus good response to somatostatin analogues.
Pituitary. 21 (4): 335-6.
Leijon, H. et al. (2018) Variable somatostatin receptor subtype expression in 151 primary pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas.
Hum Pathol. Dec 07 [Epub ahead of print].
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra