SOCS-3 specifically acts as a negative feedback regulator for the STAT3 pathways, by directly binding to the Tyr-759 motif of the IL-6 signal-transducing receptor subunit gp130, thereby preventing the IL-6 activation of STAT3.
The expression of SOCS-3 is inducible by numerous factors, including IL-6, IL-10, toll-like receptor (TLR) agonists and interferon (IFN) gamma, making this protein the focus of research into inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, colitis and Crohn’s disease (Elliott and Johnstone 2004). SOCS-3 expression has also been shown to affect IFN alpha sensitivity in tumor studies (Brender et al. 2001).
Notch signaling plays a critical role in the determination of M1 versus M2 macrophage polarization. RBPJ–mediated notch signaling regulates this polarization through SOCS-3 (Narayana and Balaji 2008, Schroeder and Just 2000).
Mouse anti Human SOCS-3 antibody recognizes human SOCS-3 as a single band of ~25 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. This antibody also cross reacts with SOCS-3 from murine cell lines.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SOCS-3 antibody detects a band of approximately 25 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Full length SOCS-3 protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004860 protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0007259 JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0040008 regulation of growth
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060334 regulation of interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SOCS-3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra