SOCS-3 antibody | SO1
SOCS-3 specifically acts as a negative feedback regulator for the STAT3 pathways, by directly binding to the Tyr-759 motif of the IL-6 signal-transducing receptor subunit gp130, thereby preventing the IL-6 activation of STAT3. The expression of SOCS-3 is inducible by numerous factors, including IL-6, IL-10, Toll-like receptor (TLR) agonists and IFN gamma, making this protein the focus of research into inflammatory diseases, such as Arthritis, Colitis, and Crohn’s Disease (Elliott and Johnstone 2004). SOCS-3 expression has also been shown to affect IFN alpha sensitivity in tumour studies (Brender et al.2001).
Notch signaling plays a critical role in the determination of M1 versus M2 macrophage polarization, and that RBPJ–mediated Notch signaling, regulates this polarization through SOCS-3 (Narayana and Balaji 2008, Schroeder and Just 2000).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Full - length SOCS3 protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004860 protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0007259 JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0040008 regulation of growth
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060334 regulation of interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060337 type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060338 regulation of type I interferon-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of SOCS-3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2382 detects a band of approximately 30kDa in Hela cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for SOCS-3 antibody
Zheng, Y. et al. (2019) Lidocaine Potentiates SOCS3 to Attenuate Inflammation in Microglia and Suppress Neuropathic Pain.
Cell Mol Neurobiol. 39 (8): 1081-92.
Lehmann, U. et al. (2003) SHP2 and SOCS3 contribute to Tyr-759-dependent attenuation of interleukin-6 signaling through gp130.
J Biol Chem. 278 (1): 661-71.
Suzuki, A. et al. (2001) CIS3/SOCS3/SSI3 plays a negative regulatory role in STAT3 activation and intestinal inflammation.
J Exp Med. 193 (4): 471-81.
Lang, R. et al. (2003) SOCS3 regulates the plasticity of gp130 signaling.
Nat Immunol. 4 (6): 546-50.
Sakai, I. et al. (2002) Constitutive expression of SOCS3 confers resistance to IFN-alpha in chronic myelogenous leukemia cells.
Blood. 100 (8): 2926-31.