SMC1A antibody | 4C5-C8-A11
Mouse anti SMC1A antibody recognizes structural maintenance of chromosomes protein 1A (SMC1A), also known as SMC-1-alpha. SMC1A is a member of the SMC superfamily and a component of the cohesin complex (Michaelis, C. et al. 1997). SMC1A also plays a role in DNA repair by acting as an effector in the ATM/NBS1 checkpoint pathway (Yazdi, P.T. et al. 2002). SMC1A has been implicated in the development of different cancer types. It has been reported to promote colorectal cancer metastasis by recruiting tumor-associated-fibroblasts (Zhou, P. et al. 2017) and to stimulate growth and migration of prostate cancer (Pan, X.W. et al. 2016). In human hepatocellular carcinoma, phosphorylated SMC1A is highly over-expressed and associated with patient survival rates (Zhang, Y. et al. 2018).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human SMC1A (C-terminus) protein fragments expressed in E. coli.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Q14683 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SMC1A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000075 cell cycle checkpoint
- GO:0000794 condensed nuclear chromosome
- GO:0000236 mitotic prometaphase
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0000777 condensed chromosome kinetochore
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0003777 microtubule motor activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0007052 mitotic spindle organization
- GO:0007064 mitotic sister chromatid cohesion
- GO:0007091 mitotic metaphase/anaphase transition
- GO:0007126 meiosis
- GO:0008280 cohesin core heterodimer
- GO:0009314 response to radiation
- GO:0032876 negative regulation of DNA endoreduplication
- GO:0042770 signal transduction in response to DNA damage
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051301 cell division
- For research purposes only
Applications of SMC1A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti SMC1A antibody recognises a band of approximately 143 kDa in MOLT4, U87 and HeLa cell lysates
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)