SMARCC2 antibody | AB02/2E2
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the SWI/SNF family of proteins, whose members display helicase and ATPase activities and which are thought to regulate transcription of certain genes by altering the chromatin structure around those genes. The encoded protein is part of the large ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complex SNF/SWI and contains a predicted leucine zipper motif typical of many transcription factors. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human SMARCC2 antibody detects a band of 181 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti SMARCC2 antibody detects a band of approximately 181 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human SMARCC2 (aa 724-1214)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q8TAQ2 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SMARCC2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000785 chromatin
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0006333 chromatin assembly or disassembly
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006338 chromatin remodeling
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0007399 nervous system development
- GO:0016514 SWI/SNF complex
- GO:0045892 negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0045893 positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0071564 npBAF complex
- GO:0071565 nBAF complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SMARCC2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.