SHC1 p66/p52/p46 antibody | F02/2H5
SHC1 is a uniquitously-expressed signaling adapter, linking activated growth factor receptors to signaling pathways. Importantly, EGFR signaling is mediated by phosphorylation and interactions of SHC1 protein, defining output from the EGFR pathway (Zheng et al. 2013). SHC1 exists as three functionally-distinct isoforms with molecular weights 46 kDa, 52 kDa and 66 kDa. These isoforms are encoded from the same gene, sharing a common structure and each possessing several phosphorylation sites (Mehlitz et al. 2010). SHC1 plays an oncogenic role in several cancer types (An et al. 2016). Isoforms of SHC1 may have distinct roles in disease. Notably, the p52 isoform of SHC1 contributes to breast cancer initiation (Wright et al. 2019).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein, aa 484-583 of human SHC1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of SHC1 p66/p52/p46 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti SHC1 antibody detects bands of approximately 51 kDa, 55 kDa, and 66 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra