Sex Hormone Binding Globulin antibody | MA026 (1A7)
SHBG is an androgen transport protein which binds and regulates the free concentration of steroid hormones and is involved in steroid signalling at the cell membrane. This antibody shows minimal cross-reactivity with other human serum proteins.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Ig fraction prepared by caprylic acid fractionation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified SHBG from human serum.
- 2.1 x 109 M-1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005497 androgen binding
- GO:0009914 hormone transport
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra