RUVBL2 antibody | OTI1A6
The RUVBL2 gene encodes the second human homologue of the bacterial RuvB gene. Bacterial RuvB protein is a DNA helicase essential for homologous recombination and DNA double-strand break repair. Functional analysis showed that RUVBL2 product has both ATPase and DNA helicase activities. RUVBL2 is physically linked to the CGB/LHB gene cluster on chromosome 19q13.3, and is very close (55 nt) to the LHB gene, in the opposite orientation (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human RUVBL2 antibody detects a band of 48 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RUVBL2 detects a band of approximately 48 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to amino acids 113-370 of human RUVBL2 (NP_006657) produced in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0003684 damaged DNA binding
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004003 ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0006310 DNA recombination
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0016363 nuclear matrix
- GO:0035267 NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex
- GO:0040008 regulation of growth
- GO:0043967 histone H4 acetylation
- GO:0043968 histone H2A acetylation
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- GO:0071339 MLL1 complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RUVBL2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|