Mouse anti RPS6
RPS6 antibody recognizes the 40S ribosomal protein S6, also known as phosphoprotein NP33. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. Encoded by the RPS6 gene, 40S ribosomal protein S6 is a cytoplasmic ribosomal protein that is a component of the 40S subunit. The protein belongs to the S6E family of ribosomal proteins. It is the major substrate of protein kinases in the ribosome, with subsets of five C-terminal serine residues phosphorylated by different protein kinases. Phosphorylation is induced by a wide range of stimuli, including growth factors, tumor-promoting agents, and mitogens. Dephosphorylation occurs at growth arrest. The protein may contribute to the control of cell growth and proliferation through the selective translation of particular classes of mRNA. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPS6 dispersed through the genome (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human RPS6 antibody detects a band of 32 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPS6 detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- RPS6 recombinant protein
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P62753 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RPS6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0022627 cytosolic small ribosomal subunit
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006364 rRNA processing
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0031929 TOR signaling cascade
- GO:0042274 ribosomal small subunit biogenesis
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPS6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.