RPL10 antibody | OTI6B11
Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of four RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. The RPL10 gene encodes a ribosomal protein that is a component of the 60S subunit. The protein belongs to the L10E family of ribosomal proteins. It is located in the cytoplasm. In vitro studies have shown that the chicken protein can bind to c-Jun and can repress c-Jun-mediated transcriptional activation, but these activities have not been demonstrated in vivo. RPL10’s inclusion as a Wilms tumor suppressor gene, and its function as a 'laminin receptor homolog' are now believed to be misnomers. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. RPL10 also uses multiple polyA signals, with the 3'-most polyA signal overlapping the deoxyribonuclease I-like 1 gene on the opposite strand. RPL10 is co-transcribed with the small nucleolar RNA gene U70, which is located in its fifth intron. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of RPL10 dispersed through the genome (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2012).
Mouse anti Human RPL10 antibody detects a band of 25 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RPL10 detects a band of approximately 25 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human RPL10 (NP_006004) produced in E.coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0022625 cytosolic large ribosomal subunit
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPL10 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|