ROCK1 antibody | AB01/1F3
This gene encodes a protein serine/threonine kinase that is activated when bound to the GTP-bound form of Rho. The small GTPase Rho regulates formation of focal adhesions and stress fibers of fibroblasts, as well as adhesion and aggregation of platelets and lymphocytes by shuttling between the inactive GDP-bound form and the active GTP-bound form. Rho is also essential in cytokinesis and plays a role in transcriptional activation by serum response factor. This protein, a downstream effector of Rho, phosphorylates and activates LIM kinase, which in turn, phosphorylates cofilin, inhibiting its actin-depolymerizing activity. A pseudogene, related to this gene, is also located on chromosome 18 (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2015).
Mouse anti Human ROCK1 antibody detects a band of 185 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti ROCK1 antibody detects a band of approximately 185 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human ROCK1 (aa 629-829)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q13464 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ROCK1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0000910 cytokinesis
- GO:0030036 actin cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005814 centriole
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007266 Rho protein signal transduction
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0022614 membrane to membrane docking
- GO:0050901 leukocyte tethering or rolling
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ROCK1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.