Retinol Binding Protein 4 antibody
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti Retinol Binding Protein 4
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
- Retinol Binding Protein 4
|Mouse anti Human retinol binding protein 4 antibody recognizes human serum retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4), a 201 amino acid single-chain glycoprotein belonging to the lipocalin family, which is responsible for the transport of Retinol (vitamin A1) from the liver to peripheral target tissues.
In plasma, the RBP4-retinol complex interacts with transthyretin preventing its loss by filtration through the kidney glomeruli. Defects in RBP4 are a cause of retinol-binding protein deficiency and can cause night vision problems (Besch et al. 2003). RBP4 gene variants have been implicated in insulin resistance (Saucedo et al. 2014)
Mouse anti Human retinol binding protein 4 antibody recognizes free RBP4 and RBP4 in complex with transthyretin. It reacts with apo- as well as holo-RBP4. Mouse anti Human RBP4 antibody recognizes RBP4 as a single band of ~20 kDa in HepG2 cell line whole cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti retinol binding protein 4 antibody detects a band of approximately 20 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Human recombinant retinol binding protein 4
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0016918 retinal binding
- GO:0019841 retinol binding
- GO:0030277 maintenance of gastrointestinal epithelium
- GO:0030324 lung development
- GO:0032024 positive regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0032526 response to retinoic acid
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0034632 retinol transporter activity
- GO:0042572 retinol metabolic process
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0048562 embryonic organ morphogenesis
- GO:0048706 embryonic skeletal system development
- GO:0048738 cardiac muscle tissue development
- GO:0048807 female genitalia morphogenesis
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0060044 negative regulation of cardiac muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0060059 embryonic retina morphogenesis in camera-type eye
- GO:0060065 uterus development
- GO:0060068 vagina development
- GO:0060157 urinary bladder development
- GO:0060347 heart trabecula formation
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up