Retinol Binding Protein 4 antibody
In plasma, the RBP4-retinol complex interacts with transthyretin preventing its loss by filtration through the kidney glomeruli. Defects in RBP4 are a cause of retinol-binding protein deficiency and can cause night vision problems (Besch et al. 2003). RBP4 gene variants have been implicated in insulin resistance (Saucedo et al. 2014)
Mouse anti Human retinol binding protein 4 antibody recognizes free RBP4 and RBP4 in complex with transthyretin. It reacts with apo- as well as holo-RBP4. Mouse anti Human RBP4 antibody recognizes RBP4 as a single band of ~20 kDa in HepG2 cell line whole cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti retinol binding protein 4 antibody detects a band of approximately 20 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human recombinant retinol binding protein 4
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P02753 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RBP4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0016918 retinal binding
- GO:0019841 retinol binding
- GO:0030277 maintenance of gastrointestinal epithelium
- GO:0030324 lung development
- GO:0032024 positive regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0032526 response to retinoic acid
- GO:0034632 retinol transporter activity
- GO:0042572 retinol metabolic process
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0048562 embryonic organ morphogenesis
- GO:0048706 embryonic skeletal system development
- GO:0048738 cardiac muscle tissue development
- GO:0048807 female genitalia morphogenesis
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0060044 negative regulation of cardiac muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0060059 embryonic retina morphogenesis in camera-type eye
- GO:0060065 uterus development
- GO:0060068 vagina development
- GO:0060157 urinary bladder development
- GO:0060347 heart trabecula formation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Retinol Binding Protein 4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.