Retinol Binding Protein 4 antibody | RB42
In plasma, the RBP4-retinol complex interacts with transthyretin preventing its loss through filtration through the kidney glomeruli. Defects in RBP4 are a cause of retinol-binding protein deficiency and can cause night vision problems. RBP4 has been described as an adipokine that contributes to insulin resistance in mice.
Mouse anti Human Retinol Binding Protein 4 antibody, clone RB42 recognizes free RBP4 and RBP4 in complex with transthyretin. It reacts with apo- as well as holo-RBP4. It recognizes human RBP4 in western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human recombinant Retinol Binding Protein 4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0016918 retinal binding
- GO:0019841 retinol binding
- GO:0030277 maintenance of gastrointestinal epithelium
- GO:0030324 lung development
- GO:0032024 positive regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0032526 response to retinoic acid
- GO:0034632 retinol transporter activity
- GO:0042572 retinol metabolic process
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0048562 embryonic organ morphogenesis
- GO:0048706 embryonic skeletal system development
- GO:0048738 cardiac muscle tissue development
- GO:0048807 female genitalia morphogenesis
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0060044 negative regulation of cardiac muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0060059 embryonic retina morphogenesis in camera-type eye
- GO:0060065 uterus development
- GO:0060068 vagina development
- GO:0060157 urinary bladder development
- GO:0060347 heart trabecula formation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Retinol Binding Protein 4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Retinol Binding Protein 4 antibody
Reddy, B. M. et al. (1993) Antigenic determinants of human serum retinol binding protein as probed with monoclonal antibodies
Mol Immunol. 30: 1355-60
Sundaram, M. et al. (1998) The transfer of retinol from serum retinol-binding protein to cellular retinol-binding protein is mediated by a membrane receptor
J Biol Chem. 273: 3336-42