RAF-1 is the cellular homolog of viral raf gene (v-raf). The encoded protein is a MAP kinase kinase kinase (MAP3K), which functions downstream of the Ras family of membrane associated GTPases to which it binds directly. Once activated, the cellular RAF-1 protein can phosphorylate to activate the dual specificity protein kinases MEK1 and MEK2, which in turn phosphorylate to activate the serine/threonine specific protein kinases, ERK1 and ERK2. Activated ERKs are pleiotropic effectors of cell physiology and play an important role in the control of gene expression involved in the cell division cycle, apoptosis, cell differentiation and cell migration. Mutations in RAF-1 are associated with Noonan syndrome 5 and LEOPARD syndrome 2 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human RAF-1 antibody detects a band of 73 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RAF-1 detects a band of approximately 73 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human RAF-1 expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RAF-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Product Specific References
Morrison, D.K. & Cutler, R.E. (1997) The complexity of Raf-1 regulation.
Curr Opin Cell Biol. 9(2):174-9
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra