RAD51 antibody | AB02/1A3
The protein encoded by RAD51 gene is a member of the RAD51 protein family. RAD51 family members are highly similar to bacterial RecA and Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rad51. This protein can interact with the ssDNA-binding protein RPA and RAD52, and it is thought to play roles in homologous pairing and strand transfer of DNA. This protein is also found to interact with BRCA1 and BRCA2, which may be important for the cellular response to DNA damage. BRCA2 is shown to regulate both the intracellular localization and DNA-binding ability of this protein. Loss of these controls following BRCA2 inactivation may be a key event leading to genomic instability and tumorigenesis. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for RAD51 (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2009).
Mouse anti Human RAD51 antibody detects a band of 37 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RAD51 detects a band of approximately 37 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human RAD51 (amino acids 1 - 339)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q06609 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RAD51 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000794 condensed nuclear chromosome
- GO:0000730 DNA recombinase assembly
- GO:0003684 damaged DNA binding
- GO:0003690 double-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0003697 single-stranded DNA binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0006268 DNA unwinding involved in replication
- GO:0006312 mitotic recombination
- GO:0007131 reciprocal meiotic recombination
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0016605 PML body
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- GO:0043142 single-stranded DNA-dependent ATPase activity
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051106 positive regulation of DNA ligation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RAD51 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.