The protein encoded by RAD50 is highly similar to S. cerevisiae Rad50, a protein involved in DNA double-strand break repair. This protein forms a complex with MRE11 and NBS1. The protein complex binds to DNA and displays numerous enzymatic activities that are required for nonhomologous joining of DNA ends. This protein, cooperating with its partners, is important for DNA double-strand break repair, cell cycle checkpoint activation, telomere maintenance, and meiotic recombination. Knockout studies of the mouse homolog suggest RAD50 is essential for cell growth and viability. Mutations in RAD50 are the cause of Nijmegen breakage syndrome-like disorder (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2010).
Mouse anti Human RAD50 antibody detects a band of 163 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti RAD50 detects a band of approximately 163 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- HEPES buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli-derived recombinant human RAD50
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000019 regulation of mitotic recombination
- GO:0000724 double-strand break repair via homologous recombination
- GO:0000784 nuclear chromosome, telomeric region
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0004518 nuclease activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0007004 telomere maintenance via telomerase
- GO:0007131 reciprocal meiotic recombination
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030870 Mre11 complex
- GO:0031954 positive regulation of protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0032508 DNA duplex unwinding
- GO:0033674 positive regulation of kinase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RAD50 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|