RAB5A antibody | rCD01-2G10
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti RAB5A
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
|Mouse anti RAB5A antibody recognizes ras-related protein Rab-5A, also known as RAB5.
RAB5A is a member of the Rab family of small GTPases and acts as an important rate-limiting component for regulation of endocytosis and early endosome fusion, and also plays a role in autophagy (Xu et al. 2018). Accordingly, RAB5A regulates transport between the plasma membrane and early endosomes (Bucci et al. 1994). However, RAB5A plays diverse biological roles. In oocytes during meiosis, the protein is required for control of spindle length and kinetochore-microtubule attachment (Ma et al. 2014). RAB5A is also involved with regulation of T cell motility, important for the adaptive immune response (Ong et al. 2014). Rab proteins play a role in the regulation of cancer progression, and RAB5A is overexpressed in several human cancers (Zhang et al. 2017). More specifically, aberrant RAB5A expression contributes to increased distant metastasis. For example, RAB5A is involved with metastatic potential of lung and gastric cancer (Yu et al. 2015).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti RAB5A antibody detects a band of approximately 25 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Recombinant IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from cell culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli--derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-215 of human RAB5A
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0003924 GTPase activity
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0007264 small GTPase mediated signal transduction
- GO:0015031 protein transport
- GO:0019003 GDP binding
- GO:0031623 receptor internalization
- GO:0031901 early endosome membrane
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042470 melanosome
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up