Mouse anti PSMA5
PSMA5 antibody recognizes proteasome subunit alpha type-5, also known as macropain subunit zeta, macropain zeta chain, multicatalytic endopeptidase complex zeta chain, proteasome component 5, proteasome subunit zeta or proteasome zeta chain.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The proteasome is a multicatalytic proteinase complex with a highly ordered ring-shaped 20S core structure. The core structure is composed of 4 rings of 28 non-identical subunits. Two rings are composed of 7 alpha subunits and 2 rings are composed of 7 beta subunits. Proteasomes are distributed throughout eukaryotic cells at a high concentration and cleave peptides in an ATP/ubiquitin-dependent process in a non-lysosomal pathway. An essential function of a modified proteasome, the immunoproteasome, is the processing of class I MHC peptides. Encoded by the PSMA5 gene, proteasome subunit alpha type-5 is a member of the peptidase T1A family, that is a 20S core alpha subunit. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding two distinct isoforms have been found for PSMA5 (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010).
Mouse anti Human PSMA5 antibody detects a band of 26 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PSMA5 detects a band of approximately 26 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified His-tagged PSMA5 protein (fragment)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P28066 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PSMA5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000216 M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004298 threonine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006521 regulation of cellular amino acid metabolic process
- GO:0006977 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in cell cycle arrest
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0016071 mRNA metabolic process
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0019773 proteasome core complex, alpha-subunit complex
- GO:0031145 anaphase-promoting complex-dependent proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0051436 negative regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0051437 positive regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PSMA5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.