PRPF8 antibody | AB01/4B2
Mouse anti PRPF8
PRPF8 antibody recognizes pre-mRNA-processing-splicing factor 8, also known as 220 kDa U5 snRNP-specific protein, apoptosis-regulated protein 1 or precursor mRNA processing protein.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Pre-mRNA splicing occurs in 2 sequential transesterification steps. The protein encoded by PRPF8 is a component of both U2- and U12-dependent spliceosomes, and found to be essential for the catalytic step II in pre-mRNA splicing process. It contains several WD repeats, which function in protein-protein interactions. This protein has a sequence similarity to yeast Prp8 protein. PRPF8 is a candidate gene for autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human PRPF8 antibody detects a band of 252 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti PRPF8 antibody detects a band of approximately 252 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human PRPF8 (aa 1-467)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q6P2Q9 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRPF8 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0005681 spliceosomal complex
- GO:0005682 U5 snRNP
- GO:0007601 visual perception
- GO:0016607 nuclear speck
- GO:0050896 response to stimulus
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of PRPF8 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.