Mouse anti Human prostate specific antigen antibody, clone P1 recognizes human prostate specific antigen (PSA) is a ~32 kDa serine kinase produced by the epithelial cells of the prostate. Its function is to liquify the ejaculate, and it is believed to be involved with dissolving the cervical mucous cap allowing the sperm to enter. Elevated serum levels can be an indication of prostate cancer and are often used as a screening test.
Mouse anti Human prostate specific antigen antibody, clone P1 reacts with free PSA in ELISA.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Native, from seminal fluid.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
serine-type endopeptidase activity
negative regulation of angiogenesis
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Prostate Specific Antigen antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- In Western blotting, a PSA triplet at approximately 30kDa is observed in the absence of DTT, and a doublet in the presence of DTT.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra