The PHB gene is evolutionarily conserved. Encoded by this gene, prohibitin is proposed to play a role in human cellular senescence and tumor suppression. Antiproliferative activity is reported to be localized to the 3' UTR, which is proposed to function as a trans-acting regulatory RNA. Several pseudogenes of PHB have been identified. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2013).
Mouse anti Human prohibitin antibody detects a band of 32 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti prohibitin detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human prohibitin expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005743 mitochondrial inner membrane
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0016575 histone deacetylation
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0042921 glucocorticoid receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050847 progesterone receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0060766 negative regulation of androgen receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Prohibitin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|