Mouse anti Prohibitin
Prohibitin antibody recognizes Prohibitin, also known as PHB, epididymis luminal protein 215 or epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 54e. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The PHB gene is evolutionarily conserved. Encoded by this gene, prohibitin is proposed to play a role in human cellular senescence and tumor suppression. Antiproliferative activity is reported to be localized to the 3' UTR, which is proposed to function as a trans-acting regulatory RNA. Several pseudogenes of PHB have been identified. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2013).
Mouse anti Human prohibitin antibody detects a band of 32 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti prohibitin detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human prohibitin expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P35232 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PHB Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005743 mitochondrial inner membrane
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0016575 histone deacetylation
- GO:0042826 histone deacetylase binding
- GO:0042921 glucocorticoid receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050847 progesterone receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0060766 negative regulation of androgen receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Prohibitin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.