Progesterone Receptor antibody | 1A6
The detection of estrogen (ER) and progesterone (PR) receptors using immunohistochemical staining of formal fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue, has gradually replaced ligand binding assays (LBA), to become the most common method for the determination of the ER/PR status of breast tumors. Approximately 75% to 80% of breast tumors have estrogen and/or progesterone receptors, and the presence of these receptors helps determine both the patient’s prognosis and the effectiveness of hormonal therapy.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
15mM Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a site of predicted high antigenicity on the human progesterone receptor.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized mice were fused with cells of the mouse p3-NS1-Ag4-1 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003707 steroid hormone receptor activity
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- For research purposes only
Applications of Progesterone Receptor antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/40|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Progesterone Receptor antibody
Ambroise, M. et al. (2011) Immunohistochemical profile of breast cancer patients at a tertiary care hospital in South India.
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 12: 625-9.