Pro Desmoglein 2 antibody | 20G1
Desmoglein 2 is a membrane glycoprotein with 4 highly conserved extracellular domains (EC1 - 4) and six cytoplasmic desmoglein repeat sequences. It has a predicted molecular weight of 122 kDa and an apparent molecular weight of 150 kDa, due to post translational modification. Desmoglein 2 is a core component of the desmosome cell-cell junction between cells. This protein has been identified as the autoantigen of the autoimmune skin blistering disease pemphigus vulgaris and mutations in the gene have been associated with arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia.
Mouse anti Human pro desmoglein 2 specifically recognizes an epitope within the proregion domain of desmoglein 2, epitope mapping having demonstrated reactivity with fusion proteins containing the entire prodomain but not with fusion proteins lacking the proregion (Keim et al., 2008). This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates and is available with a positive control lysate, in a smaller trial size, and as a standalone antibody.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti pro desmoglein 2 antibody detects a band of approximately 150 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant fusion protein fragment consisting of amino acids 37-164 of desmoglein 2 which consists of the entire extracellular domain and a portion of the proregion.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q14126 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DSG2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Pro Desmoglein 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Pro Desmoglein 2 antibody
Keim, S.A. et al. (2008) Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against the proregion of human desmoglein-2.
Hybridoma 27: 249-58.
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.