PRKAR2A antibody | OTI4A3
cAMP is a signaling molecule important for a variety of cellular functions. cAMP exerts its effects by activating the cAMP-dependent protein kinase, which transduces the signal through phosphorylation of different target proteins. The inactive kinase holoenzyme is a tetramer composed of two regulatory and two catalytic subunits. cAMP causes the dissociation of the inactive holoenzyme into a dimer of regulatory subunits bound to four cAMP and two free monomeric catalytic subunits. Four different regulatory subunits and three catalytic subunits have been identified in humans. The protein encoded by PRKAR2A is one of the regulatory subunits. This subunit can be phosphorylated by the activated catalytic subunit. It may interact with various A-kinase anchoring proteins and determine the subcellular localization of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. This subunit has been shown to regulate protein transport from endosomes to the Golgi apparatus and further to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human PRKAR2A antibody detects a band of 51 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti PRKAR2A detects a band of approximately 51 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- HEK293-derived full length recombinant protein of human PRKAR2A
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P13861 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRKAR2A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001932 regulation of protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0035556 intracellular signal transduction
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006833 water transport
- GO:0007202 activation of phospholipase C activity
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0008603 cAMP-dependent protein kinase regulator activity
- GO:0030552 cAMP binding
- GO:0034199 activation of protein kinase A activity
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
- GO:0071377 cellular response to glucagon stimulus
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PRKAR2A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.