PRKAB1 antibody | K02/3D4
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti PRKAB1 antibody recognizes 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase subunit beta-1, also known as AMPKb.
AMPK is a serine/threonine protein kinase complex which acts as a sensor of adenine nucleotides, and is activated by low cellular energy. Under these conditions AMPK activates catabolic pathways that generate ATP and deactivates anabolic pathways that consume ATP, restoring energy balance (Lin et al. 2017). Conditions that deplete cellular energy levels include nutrient starvation, hypoxia, and exposure to toxins, inhibiting the mitochondrial respiratory chain and activating AMPK. Activators and inhibitors of AMPK have been suggested as important tools for controlling human diseases including metabolic syndrome and cancer (Kim et al. 2016). In mice, AMPK appears to act as a tumor suppressor and a tumor promoter in different contexts. Prior to cancer development it can act as a suppressor, but switches to being a tumor promoter once cancer has occurred, favoring survival of cancer cells (Vara-Ciruelos et al. 2019).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti PRKAB1 detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in C6 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-270 of human PRKAB1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up