Protein phosphatase 1A, encoded by the PPM1A gene, is a member of the PP2C family of Ser/Thr protein phosphatases. PP2C family members are known to be negative regulators of cell stress response pathways. This phosphatase dephosphorylates, and negatively regulates the activities of, MAP kinases and MAP kinase kinases. It has been shown to inhibit the activation of p38 and JNK kinase cascades induced by environmental stresses. This phosphatase can also dephosphorylate cyclin-dependent kinases, and thus may be involved in cell cycle control. Overexpression of this phosphatase is reported to activate the expression of the tumor suppressor gene TP53/p53, which leads to G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Three alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human PPM1A antibody detects a band of 42 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PPM1A detects a band of approximately 42 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human PPM1A, amino acids 202-382, expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000287 magnesium ion binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004722 protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0016055 Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008287 protein serine/threonine phosphatase complex
- GO:0030145 manganese ion binding
- GO:0030177 positive regulation of Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0045893 positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PPM1A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|