POLR2A antibody | AB01/3D9
Mouse anti POLR2A
POLR2A antibody recognizes RNA Polymerase IIA, also known as DNA-directed RNA polymerase II subunit A, RPB1 or RPO2.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The POLR2A gene encodes the largest subunit of RNA polymerase II, the polymerase responsible for synthesizing messenger RNA in eukaryotes. The product of this gene contains a carboxy terminal domain composed of heptapeptide repeats that are essential for polymerase activity. These repeats contain serine and threonine residues that are phosphorylated in actively transcribing RNA polymerase. In addition, this subunit, in combination with several other polymerase subunits, forms the DNA binding domain of the polymerase, a groove in which the DNA template is transcribed into RNA (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human POLR2A antibody detects a band of 250 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti POLR2A antibody detects a band of approximately 250 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide containing 6 repeats of the amino acid sequence YSPTSPS
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P24928 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- POLR2A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003899 DNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
- GO:0003968 RNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005665 DNA-directed RNA polymerase II, core complex
- GO:0006283 transcription-coupled nucleotide-excision repair
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0006367 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006368 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006370 mRNA capping
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0050434 positive regulation of viral transcription
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of POLR2A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.