Podoplanin antibody | AB01/1B6
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Podoplanin antibody recognizes podoplanin, also known as aggrus, glycoprotein 36, and T1-alpha.
Podoplanin is a mucin-type transmembrane receptor required for correct formation of the lungs and lymphatic system during embryogenesis. Although discovered in the kidney, Podoplanin is expressed in numerous other human tissues including skeletal muscle, heart, placenta, and lung (Sikorska et al. 2019). Podoplanin regulates the activity of proteins including Rho and ezrin, and affects tumor cell motility, invasion and metastasis. Expression of Podoplanin is induced by tumor promoters, and Podoplanin has been suggested as a cancer biomarker and therapeutic agent (Krishnan et al. 2013). Specifically, inhibitors of Podoplanin or the Podoplanin-mediated signaling pathway have been suggested as treatments for small-cell lung cancer (Takahashi et al. 2015).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti podoplanin antibody detects a band of approximately 39 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-162 of human podoplanin
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up