Plakophilin 1 antibody
Plakophilin proteins contain numerous armadillo repeats, localize to cell desmosomes and nuclei, and participate in linking cadherins to intermediate filaments in the cytoskeleton. This protein may be involved in molecular recruitment and stabilization during desmosome formation and in the formation of desmosomal plaques where it is associated with desmoplakin. It is not found in cell types that have non-epithelial desmosomes and is absent in fibroblasts and other connective tissue types, including sarcomas. Mutations in this gene have been associated with the ectodermal dysplasia/skin fragility syndrome.
Mouse anti Human plakophilin 1 antibodu has been found to be specific for the armadillo repeat domain of plakophilin 1. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti plakophilin 1 antibody detects a band at 75 kDa in A431 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant fusion protein fragment, consisting of amino acids 235-726 of human plakophilin 1, fused to maltose binding protein.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005882 intermediate filament
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007275 multicellular organismal development
- GO:0019215 intermediate filament binding
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- GO:0030280 structural constituent of epidermis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Plakophilin 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|