Placental Alkaline Phosphatase antibody
There are at least four distinct but related alkaline phosphatases: intestinal, placental, placental-like, and liver/bone/kidney (tissue non-specific). The first three are located together on chromosome 2 while the tissue non-specific form is located on chromosome 1. The product of ALPP is a membrane bound glycosylated enzyme, also referred to as the heat stable form, that is expressed primarily in the placenta although it is closely related to the intestinal form of the enzyme as well as to the placental-like form. The coding sequence for this form of alkaline phosphatase is unique in that the 3' untranslated region contains multiple copies of an Alu family repeat. In addition, ALPP is polymorphic and three common alleles (type 1, type 2 and type 3) for this form of alkaline phosphatase have been well characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human placental alkaline phosphatase antibody detects a band of 70 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti placental alkaline phosphatase antibody detects a band of approximately 70 kDa in human placental tissue
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Full length recombinant human placental alkaline phosphatase
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P05187 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ALPP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0004035 alkaline phosphatase activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Placental Alkaline Phosphatase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.