PINK1 antibody | AbD11408
PINK1 protects against mitochondrial dysfunction during cellular stress, possibly by phosphorylating mitochondrial proteins. PINK1 is highly expressed in tissues such as the heart, skeletal muscle and testis. Lower expression levels are detected in the brain, placenta, liver, kidney, pancreas, prostate, ovary and small intestine.
Defects in PINK1 are the cause of autosomal recessive early-onset Parkinson's disease 6 (PARK6), a condition characterized by the early onset of Parkinsonian symptoms including tremor, bradykinesia, possible hyperreflexia and dementia (Valente et al. 2004).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli.. The antibody is tagged with a V5 tag and a double extended Strep-tag at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied lyophilized.
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water
- StrepTactin affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 321 – 511 of human PINK1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution
- Q9BXM7 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PINK1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000287 magnesium ion binding
- GO:0000422 mitochondrion degradation
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0006950 response to stress
- GO:0007243 intracellular protein kinase cascade
- GO:0008219 cell death
- GO:0010857 calcium-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0018105 peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0031396 regulation of protein ubiquitination
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043254 regulation of protein complex assembly
- GO:0055131 C3HC4-type RING finger domain binding
- GO:0090200 positive regulation of release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PINK1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/50|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50|
|Western Blotting||2 ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human testis
- Western Blotting
- HCA150 detects a band of approximately 70 kDa in human brain cell lysates
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti V5-Tag||MCA1360||C E F IF IP R WB||1 mg|
|Mouse anti V5-Tag:Alk. Phos.||MCA1360A||E WB||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Strep-Tag Classic:HRP||MCA2489P||E WB||75 µl|
Product Specific References
References for PINK1 antibody
Marzetti, E. et al. (2016) Altered mitochondrial quality control signaling in muscle of old gastric cancer patients with cachexia.
Exp Gerontol. Nov 12. pii: S0531-5565(16)30259-5. [Epub ahead of print]
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster