Human anti Human Phenylalanine-4-Hydroxylase antibody, clone AbD12257 recognizes human phenylalanine-4-hydroxylase (PAH), a 51 kDa homotetrameric protein expressed abundantly in the liver.
PAH is an essential enzyme in the metabolic pathway where it is responsible for removing excess phenylalanine by converting it to tyrosine. Defects in the PAH gene, which reduce PAH activity, lead to phenylketonuria (PKU) , a disorder resulting in mental retardation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a double extended Strep-tag at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- StrepTactin affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Recombinant human phenylalanine-4-hydroxylase fusion protein with MBP.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4°C or at -20°C if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
neurotransmitter biosynthetic process
phenylalanine 4-monooxygenase activity
L-phenylalanine catabolic process
catecholamine biosynthetic process
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Phenylalanine-4-Hydroxylase antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available